Skip to main content
Hello my people.
Okay, this is the second time I'm typing out this blog. So, if it lacks anything, blame it on that.
Now, lets get started.

Valerie waz here 1-2009:

I had an awesome visit from my bestest friend
Valerie, her woman Roxanne, their friend Lisa, and Val's bother Mark.
i had such an awesome time. We went over Lisa's mom's house and all of us including Lisa's mom, Jan, played
uno. You wouldn't think that that would be an exciting night, but damn was it! he had a cocktail or two and as you know, I'm a light weight so I got really comfortable. lol. My cheeks were in pain from the laughing and great times we had.
The finally game of uno seemed to last hours. Lisa's mom is so awesome and it was really great to have that wonderful break with all these awesome people. So, the next day, Roxanne, Valerie, and I went to church. it was the first time Roxanne had been to my church, so it was a little nerve wreaking for her. Not as nerve wreaking as the snow that had started to fall that day though (The girl hates snow and after the last few days where we got 12+ inches, I'm with her) . So, as they were leaving to go back to Kentucky, I started to tear up but stopped myself. I was thinking of even running after the car and screaming "I'm coming to Kentucky and fizzlestick the world. " But I couldn't. I went into the house sorta sad but trying to cheer myself up.

Queers are so happy:

So, I try to get happy with my family. My mother, my sister, and my niece are my characters. lol. Anyways, my niece says "Uncle Tommy I got a movie that you are going to love!!!!!" So, okay, I'll watch it. She said it's called
boat trip. I was trying to remember where I've heard about this movie and what it's about, but I didn't want to think. just wanted to escape the reality of my friends heading back to Kentucky.
So, after ten minutes of watching this piece of fart movie, I recall where I've heard about it. I recall a review about how it's a homophobic depiction of everything I am. Anytime there was the issue of a gay person, it's followed with a sexual joke. Nothing about being gay. All about sexual Inuendos and stupidity of school aged jokes and bigotry. Then, my niece said something that just made me stop in my tracks and my thought process of watching this piece of poop movie. She said " Aww, I want a gay guy roommate so he can make me happy when I had a bad day and we can paint each other nails and he will let me wear his clothes and he can be happy all time. not like you uncle Tommy, you aren't regular gay"
Wow. This made me recall previous conversations that i'd had with my neice where she said that, but I didn't let it register. Now, I know if i wasn';t so brokenhearted that my friends had left less than an hour ago, I wouldn't have thought anything about what she said again, and I would have sat there and watched the rest of this poor excuse for a movie and just gone off and blogged about how horrible it was, but that day I couldn't. I got upset, borderline pissed. So, I informed her that i would not be watching the rest of this slice of filth that was being displayed on my TV. Then i went into debate mode, though I know I would not be countered with any ideas.
I tried to explain that though we (gays) are a fabulous people that no we are not happy all the time. No, none of this is an accurate depiction of anything gay. I know tons of gays and lesbians. No, we don't say fabulous when our rights are not that of our straight friends. No, we aren't lispy and gitty when we are threatened with violence on a daily basis. No, we aren't twirling when the leader of our nation wishes to put a constitutional amendment banning me from committing my life and property and all other right that go with that to the one we've loved for years. No, we don't always want to be in the supporting role of friend while our straight friends are on their way in their pursuit of happiness. No, we are not your stylist, your cheer upper, your taste of the perfect rainbow. We are people. We are an oppressed people with a lot of issues and a lot of sad days. So, to think that we are this depiction of sex, or of forever happiness that is portrayed in these movies is the biggest joke ever.
I wasn't trying to be a buzz kill, but I wasn't in the mood. Then i went and got a documentary of actual gay people. A movie about not being able to keep our kids, not being able to give blood to our friends and lovers in times of crisis, how we can't even give our loved ones things we built together in life when death comes upon the other. But, my dear niece refused to look at that. She didn't want to see that. Why would she? How does any of their story help her friend her soul mate and marry the man of her dreams and have kids. These "fags" in the documentary aren't helping her do her nails, or plan her wedding. They have the ordacity to have lives of their own.
So, as you can tell, it ticked me off. But my sister sat and watch the entire thing with me which I didn't expect her to do. My sister is awesome. her heart is so big that sometimes she makes me cry. But my niece, I still love her to death, but I just don't feel as close as I did with her. I miss being close with her. We practically grew up together. I would do anything for her, but I don't feel that the same holds true the other way around.

In other news::::::::::::
- Please remind me to type about my paying Job in the next blog.
- I love
arby's
- I've never been a fan of hearing "12 inches" and now that's been applied to snow fall, I'm really not a fan!!!!! lol
- I have to pee- Do you like my hyperlinking?

Currently listening:Keeps Gettin' Better: A Decade of Hits (CD/DVD)By Christina Aguilera

Popular posts from this blog

Romantic Life

 Let's back track to my trip to North Carolina.  After nearly loosing my entire self I set out to discover and do something different. I was so tired and so alone. While down in North Carolina  I redownload one of those gay chat apps because I was bored . Needless to say horny as well, but that's just my entire being. Btw, when they tell you that your sex drive does down as you get older, they're a damn lie. I've never felt as sexually  driven as I am now. Ever.  Back ti the point, I was feeling all kind of things while trying to figure out what exactly I need to help myself. One experiment  was to just stop beating up in myself and not put sexuality on such a high pedestal.  I started  with thinking  that sex was special and reserved for when you meet that special someone and then you open up and then bam. Never been one of the casual sex scene. But my mind at the time was I am never going to find that someone so no use in being sexually frustrated waiting for somethin

Mountains

  It was an impulse thing. For weeks before my grand gesture of driving to North Carolina  I was having pretty much a mental break down. A very grim dentist appointment, loneliness , attachment  to things that could never be mine, weight gain, the pressure  of business,  taking care of an elderly  paRant. At one point I just stood in the middle of a room not know where to go literally  and figuratively . All of a sudden an opportunity  popped up for me to go and I did.  Anyone who knows me know I'm not an impulsive  person but I just had to do this. To clear my head, to refocus myself.  I can get into the details on the trip at a later time. I want with this entry to focus on a single aspect. The thoughts that came to me while driving through the great mountains of this United States and the feelings .  I looked out onto the greatness  of this land and the beauty  it possess and I thought of some things. Deep things. I have not done a 23 and me or an ansestory  dot com thing yet bu

Such a Lonely day & Its mine

 You know it has always been my philosophy to celebrate Valentine's Day. I celebrate it every year even though I've only been coupled on a Valentine's Day once in my life. Today was weird. As I work today there were a lot of couples and a lot of people singles that is buying different things for tomorrow. I don't know maybe it's just the whole virus and lack of any social interaction but I got kind of sad about it. Guess I'll be all right. Just a momentary lapse. Happy about Valentine's Day and the fact that it is a celebration of love. What I really want is for it to be a day of Hope for those without a partner. I'm still working hard on my goals. I'm trying to work out exactly how to get this Tommy's show together. Also working hard on financial stuff. It is a process. As you can see I'm at least updating my blog. I don't have much to say. But the point is just to get something out there. It sucks that that nasty orange cheese doodle wi